Things I Want/Need

It's that time of the year when my classroom budget is sitting very close to $0. But something about spring break makes me want to spend some $$$! Instead of spending real money, I thought I'd just share some of my dream purchases.

#1: Apple iPad2
I would love to get my hands on one of these babies! I'd like to look at all those awesome educational apps I keep hearing about. I would also L-O-V-E to get 5 or so of these guys to put in a center or use during reading groups or help struggling students or challenge my advanced students. The possibilities seem endless.

Oh. My. Gosh. I am dying over this little machine! I think I could play on this thing all day. I'm thinking of all sorts of fun Mother's Day presents! My classroom needs one of these in the near future! 

3. More Self-Inking Stamps
I bought a set of stamps like these 4 years ago, and I'm down to my last few. I use them everyday to stamp my students' homework folders.

4. Post-its 
I love Post-its. Every shape and size! I especially love the easel pads and I use the regular size {pretty much} daily. But the thing I love the MOST are these little divider tabs!

 They're great for students' notebooks and I use mine in my teacher binder(s).

5. Class Sets of WWII Books
 I'm reading this book right now as a read aloud and my students love it. It has some great teaching points and really illustrates what life was like in America during WWII. I want a class set so ALL students can have their eyes in the book.
 One of my favorite WWII books. Boys especially love it because it talks a lot about the battles in the Pacific. I love how it integrates Native American studies and tells how important the Navajos were in helping to win the war.
Another great WWII book.

I love the idea of using these three books to help teach my World War Two unit. It will help students understand three very different parts of the war.

I'm sure there are hundreds of more things I'd like to buy for my classroom, if I really sat and thought about it... but I'll stop here. I'm thinking about writing some Donorschoose.org grants in the near future for some of these things. I'll add that to my never-ending 'to do' list! :)

Oh, and one thing I'm going to need: Dr. Pepper. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...